Multiple Connectivity Options
A variety of connectivity options exist for your ITIQ Virtual Private Cloud. You can connect your VPC to the Internet, to your datacenter, or other VPC's, based on the ITIQ resources that you want to expose publicly and those that you want to keep private.
- Connect directly to the Internet (public subnets)– You can launch instances into a publicly accessible subnet where they can send and receive traffic from the Internet.
- Connect to the Internet using Network Address Translation (private subnets)– Private subnets can be used for instances that you do not want to be directly addressable from the Internet. Instances in a private subnet can access the Internet without exposing their private IP address by routing their traffic through a Network Address Translation (NAT) gateway in a public subnet.
- Connect securely to your corporate datacenter– All traffic to and from instances in your VPC can be routed to your corporate datacenter over an industry standard, encrypted IPsec hardware VPN connection.
- Connect privately to other VPCs- Peer VPCs together to share resources across multiple virtual networks owned by your or other ITIQ accounts.
- Connect to ITIQ without using an internet gateway or NAT, and control what buckets, requests, users, or groups are allowed through a VPC Endpoint.
- Combine connectivity methods to match the needs of your application– You can connect your VPC to both the Internet and your corporate datacenter and configure ITIQ VPC route tables to direct all traffic to its proper destination.
ITIQ VPC provides advanced security features such as security groups and network access control lists to enable inbound and outbound filtering at the instance level and subnet level. In addition, you can store data in ITIQ and restrict access so that it’s only accessible from instances in your VPC. Optionally, you can also choose to launch Dedicated Instances which run on hardware dedicated to a single customer for additional isolation.
You can create a VPC quickly and easily using the ITIQ Management Console. You can select one of the common network setups that best match your needs and press "Start VPC Wizard." Subnets, IP ranges, route tables, and security groups are automatically created for you, so you can concentrate on creating the applications to run in your VPC.
Scalability and Reliability
ITIQ VPC provides all the same benefits as the rest of the ITIQ platform. You can instantly scale your resources up or down, select instances types and sizes that are right for your applications, and pay only for the resources you use - all within ITIQ’s proven infrastructure.